First Day of Preschool!!!

Today was a monumental day - the babies started "school" at Lakeway Christian Church Preschool (LCCP). Davis went to a couple of summer camps there so we were already a little prepared for the surroundings and order of things. I took the kids to the Open House last week and met their teachers - we loved them all and I knew it was going to be a great year! They are going Tuesdays and Thursday from 9 to 1. They have a snack and lunch there, along with chapel every day, playground time, and arts and crafts.   Over the weekend, Davis picked up the diaper bag and started carrying it around. A little idea popped into my head and I asked him if he wanted to wear his backpack - he LOVED it. So much so that it has been to Home Depot, worn during several meals, and on him countless hours of the day. Until then - he did NOT want anything to do with it. So we took the opportunity to talk about school and he has seemed very excited.
Here are a few pictures from last night - getting ready for the big day!
Anna wears everything like a bracelet.

Davis woke up this morning and the first thing he said was "backpack" followed shortly by "lunchbox." He was ready! Daddy made everyone his special breakfast - waffles!!! The kids chowed down!


The morning flew by and it was time to head over to school! I got a couple of picks, but Davis has his eyes closed in a lot of them.


Anna's boyfriend Jacob is in her class!


We dropped off Davis first and he did amazing - we never had to hold him or anything. He went right into his room and put his backpack and lunchbox in his cubby. (I was a little scared he would not want to take it off!). We minimized the "goodbyes" with him and he did great!. Next week dropped off Anna - our little independent bird. She would fly from the coop right now if she could. Jacob, her little boyfriend, is in her class so they immediately teamed up! It was a success! (Note: I did forget their snacks though so I had to run home and get them. There was SO much to remember...2 backpacks, 2 lunch boxes, extra clothes, extra shoes, snacks, lunches, sippy cups....oh, well)

About 10:30am, after a little workout, I saw a missed call on my phone from the school. OH NO, I thought. Anna has a little runny nose, so I was thinking they might want me to come pick her up. Anna's teacher Miss Cami, had left me a message that Anna was playing outside with Davis and fell and has a little "road rash" on her forehead. She didn't cry and was all cleaned up, but they just wanted to let me know. I wasn't surprised, she is a little clumsy...and a climber...and not scared of anything!

Pickup time came fast and we couldn't wait to get them!

We got great feedback from the teachers. Davis was a perfect angel, but we already knew that of course :). Anna's class gets a little slip with notes from the day. It said: Today I was HAPPY. I ate ALL my snack and ALL my lunch. My favorite activities are: "Climbing on the sofa! Loves singing Elmo. Loves to sound like a monkey!"

Apparently she was cracking all the teachers up with her monkey noises. And they nicknamed "Sassyfrass". Again, not surprised. The day went GREAT (and she only came home with a little wound) and they are already looking forward to next week. 


*I am finally caught up on my posts, so I hope to do them more often again!
0 Responses